Resume preparationhelps students to design a general resume that’s appropriate for the full range of positions you are seeking. Below you can find useful information on how to write a resume :
- 1 page for undergraduate students
- 2 pages may be acceptable for grad students and others with extensive relevant experience.
- Size: 10-12 points
- Type: choose readable type font like Times News Roman, Calibri, Ariel
- Color: Black is preferred.
- 0.5” – 1” on all sides
NAME AND CONTACT
- At the top of resume, centered or justified to left or right
- Name should be larger by at least 4 points
- May include contact information on one line, separating address, phone, and email with bullet on top of the page
- Typical items to bold include Name and Headings
- You may bold whatever content is most relevant to the position such as education, experience, act.
- Experience description should be in bullet list form
- Avoid dashes, arrows, check boxes, or diamonds
- The space should go before each section heading
- Include a space between each item within each section so it’s clear where one ends and the next begins
- Avoid these and other complex formatting, as they may make your resume difficult to scan for keywords
- Choose proper format (pdf, word format)
- Indicate your career goals as a short paragraph
- Emphasize your skills, achievements, attended projects
- Be careful about misspelling and punctuation errors
- When you finish your resume, check one more time for misspelling, receive opinion from professional or other persons.